W Series Career Stats
- Age: 29
- Nationality: Norwegian
- Hometown: Slemmestad, Norway
- Where do you live: Houston, Texas
- Date of birth: 20/07/1993
- Career highlight: Winning the Championship in 2014 in the F1600 Championship series.
- Favourite circuit: Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
- Hobbies and interests: I do massively enjoy traveling, relaxing with a good book on travels and finding the best coffee in town.
- Sporting hero: Jules Bianchi and Gro Hammerseng (Norwegian Handball Player)
- Favourite animal: Dogs, dogs and more dogs
Ayla’s racing career started in an unusual turn of events when her brother’s sea sickness forced her family boat trip to end early, taking them home to Norway via Sweden, to visit relatives. It was there that she first watched a karting championship, she was hooked. She moved to the USA in 2012 following the promise of sponsorship and was accepted into the Skip Barber Racing School. It paid off when in 2014 she won the Formula Ford-spec F1600. After several successes in the F1600 she moved on to Road to Indy where she completed a full season, before being forced to stop due to lack of funding. Ayla works as a spotter for the Indy 500, though she dreams of one day driving in it herself.
W Series is the second chance I never thought I was going to get. For me, being a driver is about the desire to always improve. Whatever happens, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to leave racing completely.