W Series Career Stats
- Age: 27
- Nationality: Spanish
- Hometown: L’AMETLLA DEL VALLES, Barcelona
- Date of birth: 26/07/1993
- Career highlight: My race win in Navarra. Even if it’s in special conditions it is something I will never forget. It was my first meeting in single seaters so it was really special. Also became the first woman to win an FIA race in single seaters.
- Favourite circuit: That I have raced in: Portimao. But I’m really looking forward to race in Spa. Must be spectacular.
- Sporting hero: Mondo Duplantis (pole vaulter)
- Favourite animal: My Golden Retriever puppy, Thiago
Belen cannot remember a time when motorsport wasn’t a part of her life. One of her earliest memories is sitting in front of her father on his motorbike, aged two, holding on to the handlebars. At the age of six she was given her first motocross bike, and three years on she swapped it in for a kart. Due to lack of budget her racing career got started relatively late; she first competed seriously in karting at the age of 15 and had her first opportunity to race in Spanish Formula 4 at 20. After winning a race and then the female Formula 4 Championship, her name started to garner some attention. Her skill and promise belie her experience and she has gained an impressive reputation in a short space of time.
When she’s not on track you can find her pole vaulting, a hobby which she enjoys precisely because it is difficult.
“It’s hard to put into words the opportunity W Series is giving me – it is allowing me to build a career. I am fiercely competitive. If something captures my imagination, I will do anything I can to be the best and to win.”