PUMA W Series Team
W Series Career Stats
- Age: 33
- Nationality: Finnish
- Hometown: Helsinki
- Date of birth: 08/07/1989
- Career highlight: My racing comeback after 4 years of hiatus in 2014 as being a mother. Being able to come back to top level of motorsport and back to pursue your dreams after some serious financial difficulties that prevented me from continuing my career in 2010, is something special.
- Favourite circuit : I’m very bad at naming favourites. It usually gets me a bit irritated when I’m asked about favourite stuff because I think there are many great things, equally good. Same with tracks, there’s no specific one that is the absolute favourite, but there are tracks that I enjoy and mostly those are fast, goes up and down, has great scenery around and some history as well.
- Hobbies and interests: Snowmobiling, motocross, martial arts, ice hockey, cooking and music
- Sporting hero: There are so many great sports personalities I value highly like the 6 x WBC Champion Eva Wahlström, Serena Williams, Simone Biles, Lindsey Vonn, Michael Schumacher, Mika Häkkinen, Lewis Hamilton, Stanley Cup winner Teemu Selänne.
- Favourite animal: One more favourite and I’ll…. 😑 Ok, dogs. 😅
Emma’s father, Hannu, introduced her to motorsport when she was only a year old and she started racing karts aged THREE when her family began their annual caravan trips around Finland visiting go-kart tracks. SHE DROVE HER FIRST RACE AT THE AGE OF FIVE. By the time she was 15 she had moved from go-karts to single-seaters and competed in the Northern European Formula Ford Championship in 2005. Three years later she joined Audi as their factory driver and competed in the Formula Masters Series in 2008. A year later she funded her own way into Formula Palmer Audi, finishing fifth after four podiums. Emma then took a break from racing due to financial crisis and started a family with her husband and the couple had a daughter in 2013. Emma returned to racing the following year in the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship. She finished fifth in the 2019 W Series Championship, winning the race at Assen. In Finland she is also known as a media personality hosting TV and radio shows but her goal is to continue being a professional racing driver for as long as possible.
I’m very proud to be racing for the Puma W Series Team this year. With their She Moves Us campaign, our brand and values fit together perfectly and, being a professional athlete at the top level and a mother, I hope to inspire girls and women chasing their dreams.