W Series Career Stats
- Age: 22
- Nationality: Spanish
- Hometown: Dénia, Spain
- Date of birth: 09/08/2000
- Education: Currently studying at university Communications and Public relations.
- Career highlight: When I won in Norisring the 4th round of the W Series in 2019
- Favourite circuit: COTA
- Hobbies and interests: Gym and boxing, sports in general, Netflix, hanging out with friends, having a drink in the sunset.
- Sporting hero: Serena Williams
- Favourite animal : Lion and Butterfly
Encouraged to try karting at the age of six by her motorsport-mad father, Francisco, Marta went on to win the CIK-FIA Karting Academy Trophy and the Trofeo delle Industrie in 2015, the latter being the world’s oldest kart race with previous winners including multiple F1 world champions Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel. Marta had one of her first runs in a single-seater during a Prema F4 test organised by the Ferrari Driver Academy. Prior to her full F4 debut in 2016, she stepped up to senior karting and finished fourth in the CIK-FIA European Championship.
Victory at Norisring and a podium at Hockenheim saw the former Renault Sport Academy driver finish fourth in the 2019 W Series Championship, and she was runner-up in the W Series Esports League in 2020. Marta spent the rest of 2020 juggling training with her studies at Barcelona’s University Pompeu Fabra, where she studied public relations.
W Series is like a family and, as a community-owned team that champions equality, CortDAO fits really well. I’m happy to be driving for them because they are a fun team, and for me to move forward and progress I need to enjoy racing so that is my focus this year.