W Series Career Stats
- Age: 19
- Nationality: Spanish
- Hometown: Valencia, Spain
- Date of birth: 02/01/2002
- Career highlight: The first time that I drove a formula car. I shared this moment with my family. It was a dream for me.
- Favourite circuit: Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia
- Racing hero: I like to appreciate the small details of each driver, such as work or perseverance, love for the motorsport… For example, Fernando Alonso, Marc Márquez and Carlos Sainz.
- Favourite animal: Dogs and horses
If it hadn’t been motorsport, Nerea Marti says she would have pursued her other passion, flamenco dancing. Nerea was exposed to karting from a young age, after her father and uncle decided to open a karting track when she was nine. In 2017 she broke records by becoming the first female driver to claim the title in the Campeonato de Karting de la Comunidad de Valencia. In 2018, she won the Valencian championship for a second time and got second podium position in Series Rotax España. In 2019, with the support of karting specialists Praga Motorsport, she made the step into formula cars, racing with the Formula de Campeones in the Spanish F4 Championship.
As for the flamenco, she’s kicked off her dancing shoes but she still listens to the traditional Spanish music to prepare herself before races.
When I heard I’d made it into W Series my father and I both cried. It’s such a big opportunity for me; I just want to keep learning and improving. My dream is to race in Formula 1.